It’s that time of year where we make our resolution lists. This year I’m writing a NOT New Year’s Resolution List.
- I will not make a resolution list this year.
- I will not beg God to do things the way I think they need to be done.
- I will not focus on negative irritations about my husband but on the bazillion noble and honorable qualities he has.
- I will not spend countless hours scrolling through Facebook. (I love seeing all the pictures and updates on my friends and can lose—I have no idea how much time—when I need to be attending to more fruitful activities.)
- I will not obsess over other’s opinions of me.
- I will not fixate on body parts that annoy me.
- I will not try to boss my family around and then get “confused” when they don’t take my advice.
- I will not allow my book to define my self-worth. (From Me to We: A Premarital Guide For the Bride- and Groom- to- Be will be out April 1st and is available now on pre-order available online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, and Christianbook.com. I wrote it to help couples, and only with God’s help. God will do what He decides to do with it.)
How about you? What’s your will not list?
“For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!”
The answer is Jesus Christ! On our own we cannot be all we strive to be, but with God’s help we can do more than we ever thought possible.
Through God’s guidance and biblical answers we can be the best husband/wife.
The more we rest in God, and His promises, the easier it will be to trust His path.
The more we focus on the mission God has for us, the better we will be at carrying out that mission.
When we focus on spiritual needs, our physicality becomes obscure.
When we trust God’s plan, we will not have the desire to control those around us.
When we daily sit at the feet of Jesus, we’ll have the escort toward God’s best for us.
In my power I can do very little, but in God’s power I can accomplish the unimaginable.
May 2017 be your best year ever!